Sunday, March 27, 2011

Detour...



I have 2 weeks left of my fitness challenge. I admit that I am pretty excited to see the results, but I hit a little bit of road construction along my way this past week, and strangely enough I have been really close to just throwing in the towel. To put it in perspective- that would be like a marathon runner failing to complete the race with only 4.5 miles left to complete.

I have actually hit the weight that I thought I wanted to hit- a couple of weeks ago. That was an exciting milestone, but I REALLY wanted to win both the "Biggest Loser" competition at work, and my division of the challenge at my local gym. I found out this week that I did not win the competition at work by .71% NOT even a whole percent! I was stressing and obsessing about this madness and was chastised by a friend that I need to realize how far I have come, and that the changes that I have made have been great for my life and my health, in addition to helping my appearance a bit.

I was also hung up on what I should/could/would have done, and another friend brought me to my senses and let me know that I need to just LET IT GO! Though I have not been absolutely perfect, my progress has been remarkable. In addition, though I may feel fine about how I look- it is no longer about that, it is about doing my best through the finish line. Not just quitting this marathon after 21.5 miles.

So here I am! 2 weeks left- looking to a new road sign to complete this journey! By the way, I have lost about 25 lbs and 8 inches between my waist, thigh and hips. I am grateful that the finish line is on the horizon!

3 comments:

Christensen family said...

You Go girl. That is awesome. Now you need to help me lose 25lbs. LOL Good luck and stay stronge

Trent and Whit said...

Wow! That's amazing Rach! Who cares about the .7%. . .You've done AMAZING things!!! Can't wait to see you tonight. It's been too long!

Clyda and John said...

Way to go Rachel Pants!!! Now go have fun buying yourself some new pants. :D I am impressed girl. You are amazing!

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.