Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What a Day!

This post is more of a Journal entry than anything, but enjoy!
So since I gave Mr. Dickinson his "High 5" he has been trying to get me to stop. I had been in a hurry, and frankly felt awkward stopping- what if I was wrong and he was just waving- I would feel silly (welcome to my world) so today he held up his stop sign for me- so I stopped and turned around, and he gave me a box of Candy Nips. He thanked me for my nomination an told me he could not believe how many people saw the news. He is so cute! He told me he would be off in a few weeks (school is out) and he would see me in the fall. I need to write him a note or something. I am grateful for a new friend, and my box of Nips (:

Fast forward to this evening and I go to the wedding of a darling couple from our old ward and Caleb and I are sitting with friends, and up comes the man who owned the company I used to work for. He knew the people I was sitting next to then he asked if he had ever met me before, I told him I used to work for his company, so we had met a couple of times. He looked crushed that he did not remember me (I was not, it was what I expected), he is a very well known person in the community and knows a LOT of people. Me, not being able to keep my mouth shut, told him I only worked there for about a year, and that after I laid off nearly 500 (yes, five hundred...) people, my heart could not take it, so I had to leave. Now I work for a company that distributes for Hershey's- and candy makes me happy. He told me that was the reason why he could never run for governor. I told him I would vote for him... Needless to say, I got in my groove and carried on like this with the man, then he sat at my table...that did not make it any better. Luckily his wife saved him from my barrage of banter... Really I don't know at what point my brain stops working while my mouth keeps moving, but I reached that point too early tonight... perhaps I was in a sugar induced coma from the Cold Stone they served at the reception... I did get a good laugh, and I am still smiling, and I thank him for his kindness toward the loud blonde who probably made his evening a little more interesting- but who knows if that is a good thing!

P.S. The owner of my former company's wife throws Fairy Godmother Birthday Parties for little girls, she has a dress and wand and grants wishes and EVERYTHING- how stinkin cute! They are seriously such a cute couple, they know Caleb's Grandma and Aunt... it was a fun night!

P.P.S. Also at the wedding reception they had a photo boothe for ALL The guests, so Caleb and I got pictures, but struggled figuring out the timing so they all look AWFUL and they put them in an album for the happy couple... HILARIOUS- now we will be immortalized with our struggles, the camera was much too short for the top of Caleb's head... so there was much fidgeting and awkward photos... What a night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.