Monday, July 11, 2011

Blessings far greater than the treasures of the earth.

My friend Jacqui used the title quote from Doctrine & Covenants on Sunday. When I heard it, I recalled a situation I had in college where a roommate told me that, though her father was not very present in her life, she had always enjoyed the "finer things in life." I remember thinking at that time that though I did not always have the most expensive things or brand named clothes, the finer things in my life were not things, they are people.

My heart was filled with gratitude as I realized all of the phenomenal people that are in my life, have been in my life, and how blessed I am, this is truly far greater than the treasures of the earth. You can replace a car, you can rebuild a home, but you can never replace the people who are in your life. You can never remove what they have taught you.

So to all of the people in my life: Thank you for adding the colors to my world that make my life so rich and beautiful. I am so grateful for you- for the friendship and love that have made my life so incredibly worthwhile. You are far greater to me than the treasures of the earth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.