Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Sick Day"

With 2 straight weeks of rehearsals behind us, and barely any time together, we approached last Sunday night with a bit of sadness. Caleb was not feeling well (a cold he acquired from the nephews) and we were both burnt out. Caleb has half day school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and was still not feeling well yesterday- I mentioned that we should both just take a half day on Thursday and we could take a break. His reply was "Tuesday would work better," I could not believe my eyes, so I told him to go home and I would make it happen. I talked to my boss- and was honest, husband going home sick, wanted to go hang with him... and so it was, I left after 3 hours, went to lunch with a friend, bought some new pants. I got home after 1pm, Caleb was studying by the fire, I laid by him while he studied, we took a 2 hour nap, we woke up, I made food and we had dinner together. Best "Sick Day" Ever!

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

Awsome!!! I think I am going to have to give this a try!!! Thanks for the idea All though I don't know how to call in sick from my kids!!! I guess you call a babysitter and have the hubby take a day, right?

Bethany said...

Hi, Rachel! I'm glad I found you here in the blog world. You are such a wonderful person. Your sick day sounds much needed and rejuvenating. :)

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.