Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Challenge!!!

On Wednesday I weighed in for the Gold's Gym 2011 Fitness Challenge. I would have posted pictures to accompany the event and make this more interesting, however, since the pictures they take are in your skibbies, I did not want to make the blog post horrifying.

It started on Monday the 19th, and ends April the 11th. 82 Days. I have decided to exercise to burn 700 calories, 6 days a week, and decrease my caloric intake to 1600 calories. I have also eliminated sweets from my diet for those 82 days. Phew, 5 days down. It has been a challenge.. Saturday morning after 4 straight days of my 700 calories burned workouts, My body had about had it with me, but I am pleased to say that my Sabbath "day of rest" has suited me lovely, and I am excited to return early Monday morning.

Once the competition is over, I will begin easily back to sugars, but I will introduce a new concept "moderation" which I have had issues with since I started working at the Hershey Distribution center!

If you win the competition you get a free gym membership for a year, that in itself would be worth it. Wish my luck as I set off to make a HUGE change!

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

I wish you tons of luck!!!!! You'll do great.

Trent and Whit said...

Go Rachel!!! That sounds hard, but you will prevail! :)

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.