Friday, January 28, 2011

WINTERFEST and other Tales!



I have had a LOT of firsts the past few weeks. First time on the radio, first time in a recording studio, first time on the news and first time on a promotional video... and it has been a blast!

The picture of me and a microphone me in the studio for the Radio interview. I am representing my company on the Winterfest Committee for Ogden City and they asked me to come and do a Community Calendar segment for FM 100 and 103.5 and talk about my companies involvement. We sponsored the Home Depot kids corner where they made little tool kits and the Polar Bear Swim. I was nervous but so excited. I think my favorite advice was to "act like it is a normal conversation"... I think I may have known that. Thanks to Amy- the PR person, and Kevin the organizer for asking me to come!

Then we were asked to record one of our songs from the Halloween show I was in for a promotional video. We recorded in a studio at the Salt Lake Art Institute. They cut out the last half of our song, cause turns out, my high notes were flat... a little ouch to the ego, but I never claimed to be a soprano, and an exciting opportunity. Though they ran extremely late! I got home at 12a that morning.

THEN, we got called to provide some costumes for Friday Morning shots with 2 News and Casey in the morning (the same Casey that Chunga and Mister blew up all those years ago on 107.5 the end... glad his career has gone well for him), I had a cheesy grin the entire time. (that is the picture of me at the top- the first one is Kevin with Me, Casey, Kevin with Ogden City and Pete, then Me, Amy the PR rep and Emily from ABC 4, and then just me and Emily in the Kiss Costume) Following that, I was on ABC 4 with Emily. I was a Jolly Rancher, and a guy I work with, Pete, was a Hershey Kiss, they made him ski behind a horse, I just had to talk and grin cheesily, two things I do BEST, so I got off easy!! It was a blast!





Today, we finished filming for the song we sang on Monday in the studio, and it was a wrap. Everything ran smoothly- we got there and were interviewed, then we filmed the opening part of our first song from the show (the cauldron song) and they sent us home.

This was a week of many Media firsts for me, and I loved every minute of it.

In addition, we ran the second annual polar bear swim on Saturday, we had 92 participants, (92 crazy people willing to jump into 38 degree water) and I need an adapter to play music on our PA system, but I just put the microphone to my phone and it worked! Each participant got a free souvenir, then people had the chance to dive for prizes, we gave out hot chocolate and mugs and candy.

It has been a hugely CHAOTIC week, especially while trying to maintain my health challenge, but I had a great time. It is now Saturday night, time to relax and enjoy time with Handsome Caleb.

1 comments:

Christensen family said...

That is so amazing. You go girl

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.