Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Half Crazy!

I completed my second half marathon on 07/28. I finished in 2:29:24. That is about 45 minutes faster than my first half! Perhaps cause I actually trained. This really was a battle of will for me. I am grateful that I was able to complete it. I would like to start learning how to run a faster mile, and maybe do another one...someday. It may take me 4 years to get the courage to try this again! The big issue is measuring my time against someone else's time. The woman I was training with- who is 3 years older than me and has 5 kids - completed a different half (the top of Utah Half) in 1:53. Nearly 40 minutes faster than I. But this was not about her, nor was it about winning. It was about proving to myself that I am better than I was. That I earned a better time, that my hard work and preparation paid off, and that I challenged myself and completed something difficult. That I did not give up.
From miles 2-6.5 someone had placed intermittent posters on road signs with motivational running quotes, those got me through the first half of the race! There was one quote I remember "the moment you forget you are running is the moment your run begins" Given that definition, I am not sure that I have ever been on a run in my lifetime!!! I really enjoyed it overall. I am grateful to my friend Amy for talking me into these things! I am glad that I completed it, and hope one day to get a better time! For now, I have to feel good about what I accomplished, and look forward to the new challenge: A Mini Triathalon!

1 comments:

Amylee said...

45 minute PR?! THAT. IS. HUGE. I'm so proud of you Rachel. One day we will have to do a race together. You are amazing!

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.