Wednesday, August 29, 2012

St. George!

We got to go to St. George again this year. Each year we like to get in a game of tennis.
I know Caleb looks like he is about to punish me with that raquet, but he was just trying to get an action shot for the photographer! While we were there this year, I found out my cute Grandma B. passed away.
She is my Mother's Mother, and was my last living grandparent. What I loved, and will always remember about her, is that you always knew she loved you. No matter how long it was since you last talked, no matter how lousy you felt about yourself, she would always say "I just love this kid" and "I am so glad that you came to see me" or "I am just tickled that you thought to call me today." She was also very talented vocally and with the piano. She learned a method called chording, that is not used much anymore, but I loved singing with her at the piano. One time I sang a Christmas Carol for her, and she liked it so much, she asked me to sing it again! I think that was the most sincere compliment that I have ever gotten about singing. I sure will miss her. I am grateful I know that the end of this life is only the beginning of another journey. She and my Grandpa are together now- Til we meet again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.