Monday, August 16, 2010


My brother posted a blog about a cookie I made his son - see link below.

http://blog.boysum.com/

My Aunt Connie died when I was 15. Each year for your birthday she gave you a plate-sized heart shaped sugar cookie- with a dollar bill. It was not an expensive gift, but I looked forward to that cookie for as long as I can remember. I did not have to share with my brothers, it was mine all mine. When my aunt Connie died, I was heartbroken. I look back and think on things that I wish she was here for, and I wish I could tell her. I would love if she could have met Caleb.

I decided I wanted to continue Aunt Connie's cookie tradition, because I remember what it meant to me (we are big on food on that side of the fam) So I started with my nephew, who turns 4 today. Even at 15 that cookie was one of the things I looked forward to the most. So to my big brother, I am glad it meant something to you, because it means something to me- to carry on the tradition of a loving aunt. And to my aunt: I miss you so much, but thank you for loving me. I finally understand how much.

1 comments:

Christensen family said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!!!! Your a great, amazing aunt.

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.